Some of you may know about the Glens Falls Collaborative.
The Glens Falls Collaborative is a civic organization and I have served it from various roles since its founding in 2012. I have been its President since the spring of 2016. The Collaborative is not a political organization. Its work is civic, and its mission is to promote Glens Falls as a desirable place to visit, to work and to live. Here are a few facts about the Collaborative:
- The Glens Falls Collaborative has done some great things in the past year. Its 2016 Membership encompassed 114 organizations, a record number. In 2012, the Collaborative consisted of a handful of retailers and restaurants. Today’s Collaborative Membership also encompasses artists and art institutions, financial, technical, media, real estate and legal professionals, lodging, human services and wellness providers, civic groups, churches, a town, a city and a political party. As an organization, it is larger, more diverse – and consequently – more capable than ever before.
- The Collaborative produced events in Glens Falls on 23 different days in 2016. Wing Fest, Pet Fest, Art in the Park (7 days), Take a Bite (8 days), Grandma’s Table, Fit Fest, Take a Bite at the Movies, Boo 2 You, Hometown Holidays and New Year’s Dance Party. This was a record number of days when we delivered on our objective to “Put feet on the street” in Glens Falls.
- The Collaborative distributed 15,000 visitors’ maps from Sloatsburg (I-87, near NYC) north to Saratoga, Exit 18 and Lake George. That’s up from 4,000 just two years ago. New for 2016, our map included 57 different Members’ events.
- In 2016, the Collaborative’s Downtown Glens Falls Facebook site grew past 5,000 likes, and promoted Glens Falls with over 60 posts per month.
- The Collaborative’s role in Glens Falls is vitally important. For measurable evidence, see questions 6, 8 and 10 in the recent Glens Falls Downtown Revitalization Initiative survey results.
- The cost of Membership has stayed level at $240, and has never been such a good value for promoting our community and our Members’ organizations.
- I will work with a wide circle of people and organizations, and engage them to work together on projects for everyone’ benefit.
- I love Glens Falls, and want more people to visit, work and live here.
- I will be Glens Falls’s #1 promoter. We deserve a Mayor who is active with Citizens, visitors, businesses and other government organizations and is always promoting Glens Falls.
- I will be actively communicating the City’s business to you. Does the current administration have a busy social media platform? Is it easy to navigate the City’s website to find what you need? Do you know only from the newspaper, what the City is doing? My administration will be open and transparent in operations and in planning.
- I understand the value of a dollar. You work hard to earn your income, and then pay over a chunk as property tax. I will treat your tax dollars with respect, and use them wisely. I will deliver good value, and representation, in return for the taxes you must pay.
- I don’t do all this on my own. The Collaborative has an active Board, involved Members and volunteers. Together, we do great things. As Mayor, I will work collaboratively with our City’s employees, businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and neighboring jurisdictions to accomplish greater things for you.
- I’m running for Mayor because I plan to be more effective for the entire City. The core of the Collaborative’s Membership is in Downtown, and I have been effective there. Glens Falls is more than its Downtown, and I’ll bring my energy, skill and leadership to the entire City.